In Canada, a residential break-in occurs every 90 seconds. No matter what type of neighbourhood you live in or what kind of dwelling you call home, there is a chance that your residence could be next. In order to protect yourself, your family and your valuables from a break-in, you need a home security system. It’s important to have a home security system because it:
- Helps deter burglars – Even the most sophisticated criminals are deterred when they see a home security system in place. Homes that display alarm company stickers/decals in their windows and placards on their lawns are less likely to be broken into. No matter how good a burglar is at doing what they do best (steal, ransack) they generally do not break into homes when they notice that the property is protected by a security system. Amateur burglars may make the mistake of trying to break into a home with a security system but as soon as an alarm is triggered, they get scared and flee the scene.
- Protects your home during the day – Many people assume that break-ins occur at night but that is not the case. More than 80% of break-ins in this country happen during the day. When you leave for work and your kids are at school, burglars are scoping out your property to gage when it would be ideal for them to break in and steal your valuables. A majority of home robberies happen during the hours of 10 am and 3 pm but with a state-of-the-art security system, your residence will be protected at all times.
- Protects your home at night – Although the majority of break-ins in Canada occur during the day, there are some burglars that take their chances at night. At least when your home is under the constant watch of a security system you can sleep easy knowing your children and your valuables are safe.
- Saves you from everything else – Top-line security systems don’t just keep burglars out, they also monitor smoke, fire, temperature shifts, gas leaks and water damage.
- Reduces your premiums – Most insurance companies offer lower premiums for people who have home security systems on their property. Insurance companies like to see that you are taking the necessary steps to keep your belongings and home safe and will reward you for it with lower premiums.
A 24-hour monitoring system Hamilton keeps your things safe when you’re out of the house, and it keeps you safe while you’re relaxing at home. If you do not have a home security system in place, contact us. Don’t wait until you, your family and your property become a Canadian home invasion statistic.