The Toronto Police Department recommends residents of the city take care and precaution when it comes to protecting their homes from thieves and intruders. There are a number of easy steps you can take to keep your home safer.
- Strategic Landscaping: Take advantage of the landscaping surrounding your house–tall plants can be strategically placed along your outer walls to make it harder for criminals to easily determine whether or not it’s worth the risk to break in.
- Doors and Locks: Seasoned criminals have a keen sense of the easiest and quickest doors and locks to use for a break in. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that back doors and side doors don’t require the same level of security as the front entrance.
- Garbage Bins: While you may like to keep your garbage bins in an easily accessible place so you can be ready for garbage pickup, keeping your bins tucked next to the house makes it easier for criminals to climb from the ground floor level to the second floor. Moreover, leaving your bins out in the open makes it easier for criminals to sort through your garbage bin to find out what you bought recently or to gather enough information to commit identity theft.
- Garage: If your garage is attached to your house and is left unlocked or wide open, criminals can have an easy path into your home.
- Bright Lights: Keeping well lit entrances, motion-triggered lighting in your laneway, and lighting around the exterior of the property is a great way to discourage intruders because it gives them fewer places to hide.
These precautions are no-brainers and easy to implement, but you still may want to take safety to the next level by installing a quality home security alarm system. It has been proven that alarm systems are the most effective way to deter criminals from targeting your home.
At Canadian Security Professionals, we have a wide range of products and services that will keep you and your family safe from harm and danger. Our services include:
Alarm Monitoring: Our alarm monitoring solution is what sets our home security systems, both residential and commercial, apart from the competition’s offerings. In fact, all of the components of your security system are connected to your central control panel, which you can think of as the brains of the system. The control panel communicates with ADT Canada’s Monitoring Centre courtesy of a communication line such as a phone line or a digital wireless network–whichever one you choose.
When you arm your alarm security system, ADT Canada will monitor the various sensors installed in your home or your place of business. If the sensors are activated for whatever reason and no valid user code is subsequently entered into the keypad within a specific time frame, the sensors will send an alarm signal to the monitoring centre, and ADT Canada operators will take the appropriate measures to ascertain the nature of the situation.
We offer the following products:
Alarm Systems: Understanding that you want a customizable solution rather than a one-size-fits-all solution, we offer various packages, and you’re free to add more components to fit your specific needs for your home or your business. We offer the GE Simon XT Alarm System, the GE Simon XTi Alarm System, the GE Concord Alarm System, CCTV Cameras, Wireless IP Cameras and GE Alarm System Add-ons.
For help making the right choice for your needs, contact us today and one of our professional operators will help you choose the right alarm system for you. So whether you want to safeguard against burglary, fire, flood damage, carbon monoxide or other dangers, we can help.
Canadian Security Professionals (CSP) provides alarm systems and alarm system monitoring in and around the Toronto area. CSP is an ADT authorized dealer offering Protectron Smart Security. This means that you receive the combined strength and stability of a national company with the convenience and personal touch of a local dealer. Click here to learn how you can take advantage of our free alarm system promotion!
Our toll free phone number: 1 (877) 494-9911
Toronto police mailing address
40 College Street
Toronto Ontario Crime Stats
Toronto is the most populous city in Canada and is Ontario’s capital city. With such a great amount of people living in Toronto, crime has had the opportunity to surface. Specifically, in 2011, Toronto was host to over 5000 house break and enters, 2854 business break and enters, and over 5000 robberies [Source – Toronto Police Service]. It is very important to have an alarm system installed. With CSP Alarms, you can have a state of the art system, with exceptional monitoring. If anything were to ever occur to you and your loved ones, emergency services would be on the scene. Additionally, CSP Connected offers you the ability to operate and monitor your alarm system from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connected device such as a smart phone or laptop! Find out more now!